Saturday 17 April 2010

Serious Case Reviews & Extraordinary Council Meeting. Introduction (1 of 9)


Introduction
This has post has been a couple of days in the writing as I decided that I would explore not just the Serious Case Reviews (SCRs) but the wider issues involved – as it was not possible to cover all this in the council meeting (and the Presiding Officer would not have allowed me to anyway). I don't apologise for it being long, but for ease of reading, I have split it into 8 different sequential posts:
  • The Council Meeting
  • The Background
  • The SCR reports, divided
    • Publication
    • Editing
    • Style & Content
  • The children's circumstances
  • Accountability
  • Recommendations
However, they should all be considered as a piece.
You will also note that my usual sardonic tone is absent. I don't apologise for that either.

Read the reports yourself here Serious Case Review reports

Also of interest the Western Mail editorial here

No comments:

Post a Comment